- April 23, 6:30 pm, Millcreek Intermediate Choir and Strings Concert, Musselman Middle School Auditorium, wear green/white
- May 1st, Band and Orchestra Concert, Musselman High School, 7 pm, black/white
- May 5th: Musselman Middle School Orchestra plays for Orientation at 9am and 1 pm at Musselman MS Auditorium, wear green/white
- May 5th, 7 pm, Dress Rehearsal, High School Orchestra Spring Concert, Spring Mills High School Auditorium
- May 6th , 7 pm, HIGH SCHOOL ORCHESTRA CONCERT, Spring Mills HS , white bottoms, HS Orchestra t-shirt
- May 7th, Musselman Middle School Orchestra Concert, 7 pm , Musselman Middle School Auditorium
Concert dress: wear white bottoms (skirt, white jeans, slacks, NO shorts) green orchestra t-shirt, send in $10 for shirt
- May 9th, Creative Arts performances, Musselman High School, 4:30 pm in hallway and on stage
- Mountain Ridge Intermediate Choir and Strings Concert: TBA
Students involved are at Musselman Middle, Musselman High, Millcreek and Mountain Ridge Intermediate
There are two fundraiser brochures to choose from:
- Uncle Ralph’s Cookies with frozen cookie dough, brownies, cinnamon rolls
- Great American Fundraiser with gifts, jewelry, chocolate and magazines
Fundraiser starts Febuary 26th
Money and Order Forms are due on March 17th
There are gift cards and prizes to win for top sellers!
Parents, family members, and friends of the Berkeley County Orchestra Program, please help us pay for strings, sponges, sheet music, repairs of broken instruments and purchase of new instruments!
if you are participating in WV HS Honors Orchestra we need to receive your payment for the hotel as soon as possible.
$50 can be paid in cash/ must be in an envelope with the students’ name and HS Honors Orchestra written on the outside. Do not hand loose $20 bills to your teacher!
$50 check written to ” Musselman MS/ All-Co. Orchestra Program”, as our All-County account is run by the financial secretary of Musselman Middle School. In the memo line write “HS Honors Orch.”
Students who do not get their payment in cannot go on the trip unless they have contacted Mrs. DelGallo about financial assistance.
The High School Spring Concert will be on Tuesday, May 6th, 7 pm at the auditorium of Spring Mills High School.
The dress rehearsal will be on Monday, May 5th at 7 pm, same place.
Please be prepared for the announcement that we will extend regular rehearsals from 7 to 9 pm as we see the need or if we miss any more Tues evening rehearsals..
The Berkeley County Orchestra Program (BCOP) is looking forward to the upcoming school year and providing high-quality string education for the students in Berkeley County. Four full time string educators offer instruction at four high schools, five middle schools, and six intermediate schools. An additional middle school is anticipated in the near future.
Currently, students from grades four to twelve (third grade is included at Mountain Ridge Intermediate) are invited to sign up for free classes on the violin, viola, cello, or double bass. At the intermediate level, classes are taught either before, during, or after school. At the middle and high school levels, classes are offered during the school day as part of the student’s daily schedule.
All newly enrolled string students must attend these meetings. Anyone who is interested in joining the orchestra program are also welcome. Parents should accompany their child so he/she can be properly fitted for their instrument. Two local music stores will offer rental contracts and instruments along with supplies.
The Berkeley County High School Symphony Orchestra, a group consisting of high school students from all four high schools, meets on Tuesday evenings from 7-8:30pm in the South Middle School band room. Auditions are required for string students during the first two Tuesdays of school. The Symphony Orchestra invites any and all interested high school wind, brass, and percussion students to participate. Adult musicians affiliated with the school system (faculty/staff) are welcome to join as well.
The Bee Quest is an exciting part of NutriBee, where high school students show younger NutriBee participants how nutrition is creative and relevant. At NutriBee, high school students are role models! Bee Quest projects show middle school students participating in NutriBee that nutrition is both fun and useful. Read more